CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tuffy's First Blog


Hello everyone! Welcome to my very own blog. My name is Tuffy. I am a Yorkshire Terrier. I'm eight years old and I live in a wonderful home in southeast Tennessee. I have one lady and one man and two love birds. Oh yeah. I also have a boxer puppy, but I pretend she's not around. I don't much care for other dogs. However, I love people very, very much. One of my most favorite things in all the world is to have people come to visit us in our home. My other favorite thing in all the world is treats. My lady and man buy these little treats for me that look like human snacks called Combos. I'll do almost anything for one of those treats. My lady and my man think they manipulate me sometimes by using these treats, but I really know what they're up to, and it only appears to work because I choose to let them have their way. For example, sometimes I will get a sock from the clean laundry, or, like today, I found one of my lost mini-tennis balls. I love to chew the fuzz off tennis balls so my people try to keep them away from me, but I found this one in a basket of stuff in the laundry room. We got a new washer and dryer today so stuff was all out of place. My people let me play with the tennis ball for a little while, but as they always do when I have something extremely fun and exciting, they enticed me to give it up by offering me one of my treats. In reality, I do these things to get extra treats, but please don't tell my people. They think they're so smart in trading me treats for forbidden items. Another way I get them to give me treats is I ask to go out to potty as often as I dare when they are home. Another favorite thing I love to do is lay in the sun in my special window bed. That's where I spend most of the day while my people are at work. I watch the birds (and we have lots of those!) and the squirrels, the turkeys and chipmunks, and sometimes rabbits.
A very exciting thing happened today: someone didn't close the kitchen door very well and I got to go outside. I went all the way to our barn and was having a glorious time sniffing around the chicken pen and squirting weeds and stuff. Then, as usual, my people came looking for me and found me. I didn't get in trouble because they realized it was their fault for leaving the door open. Who could resist going outside on such a beautiful day like today was? I'm not allowed to run around outside too much any more because I have arthritis, but I'm not letting that slow me down too much.
I've told you a lot about myself for this very first blog, and it's time to go to bed. My people recently ousted me from sleeping with them and started making me spend the nights in my crate. While this has helped my arthritis a little, I happen to know that they're in their bed watching a Tennesse Lady Vols basketball game right now, so I'm trying really hard not to go to sleep. In fact, I've been barking for over an hour while I worked on this very first blog. But I'm getting tired. Perhaps I'll write more tomorrow. Hopefully I'll put more pictures here also. We'll see. I hope you've enjoyed my very first blog.

3 comments:

Meagan said...

I love, love, love it! You are so creative! I can't wait to keep up with the goings on of the Stiner household through Tuffy's blog! Yay!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I love the blog Val! I can't wait to read more about Tuffy's adventures! P.S. I LOVE YOUR DAUGHTER...SHE IS AMAZING!

Sarah said...

Thats great! Tuffy, you have a way with words. You brought back so many memories for me. We happen to know of another favorite past time of yours that you didnt' mention. It involves your bed, but your not sleeping in it.
Too cute! Look forward to hearing more of your stories.