CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Tuffy's Second Blog


This blogging stuff is so cool. I never dreamed anyone would actually read what I have to say. Since it's been a week since I blogged, let me update you on the week I, er, we, had in our house. I guess the biggest news is that my Boxer dog, Lady, no longer lives here. Here is a picture of Lady when she was little. Trust me, she wasn't little any more. (She also doesn't have blue eyes!) Here are the reasons she had to move away.
1. She needed lots of attention from my people and they simply couldn't give her the time and attention she needed because they work a lot and I'm the alpha dog around here. While I felt sad that she didn't get to play with my man, I was jealous because everytime she did get to play, she played outside and got to run around free.
2. She just about killed me! On Tuesday night, my people got home from work rather late. My lady didn't get home until 7:00 and she usually gets home before 4!! So she put me on my leash and we went out to turn Lady out of her pen since the man wasn't home yet. Right after we let her out, my man drove up and Lady took off chasing his van and to greet him. After she said hello to him, she came running back to my and my lady. Well, Lady like to do a "fly-by" like a jet plane every chance she got, terrorizing me and my lady. So she flew-by and ran right into my leash. She sent me flipping over and over and over and over! I thought I would never stop tumbling. I tumbled into a mulched area and came up with mulch all tangled in my fur, which I hate, because I knew then my lady was going to pick and brush at me until she got all that out of my fur, and I H A T E being picked at a brushed. Boy, my lady was mad! I was pretty shook up, too. But not as bad as my lady thought I was. I got held for quite a while after that event. Later that evening . . .
3. Lady just about killed my lady!!!!! She was on her way to close her chickens up for the night. I needed to pee. So my man took me out and called to my lady to call Lady away from us so I could pee. She called Lady and Lady took off running full speed ahead - and plowed into my lady! Can you imagine? My lady went up in the air and then down on the ground and then slid down a little hill. I don't think my man saw it happen 'cause we just went back in the house. But you can bet we got an earful when she came back inside. And the next night, her neck and leg hurt her real bad.
So, Lady moved to a 180 acre farm in Birchwood, that lucky dog. She'll get to roam free outside all the time. But I got my people all to myself again plus I can go outside to use the bathroom and not worry about being terrorized by the big Boxer.
Another thing happened this week, but it wasn't good. One night, I guess my people were very, very tired, because they forgot to take me out to potty before they put me in my crate and went to bed. Well, I did the best I could to let them know I need to go out to potty. I barked. And I barked. And then I barked some more. I barked for FOUR FREAKIN' HOURS! They never did come take me out to potty. Finally I realized I was going to have to hold it so I went to sleep. You can bet I was furious when my lady came to get me up the next morning. The nerve! What's a little guy supposed to do? I can tell you I peed a flood when I finally did get to go out. My lady felt really bad about that. See? If they would just let me back into bed with them these things wouldn't happen. We have no problems communicating at all when we're together in the same room.
Boy, it's cold outside. What is up with the weather? My lady loves to garden, and she gardened some yesterday, but today it's too cold to do anything outside. Sometimes, on windy days, she doesn't get the door closed really well, and I'll sneak out to the garden and find her. I like the garden a lot.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

I love Tuffy's blog! yay! I hate that Lady had to move out, but it probably is for the best! I can't beleive she knocked you both over! Yikes!!!! What a week!?!?!

Thanks for updating me on Bentlee's latest! I love all those pictures - it made me miss her! She needs to see her Aunt Meagan!!! I still have her birthday gift in my trunk! I also need a soccer and t-ball schedule!

Love you!!!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so sorry you had to get rid of Lady! I love boxers but I understand they need their freedom!