CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 5, 2011

The Pampered Chef (aka my lady) Cooks for Me (and the dog)

Wow!  and Yummy!  My lady made me and the dog a real treat today!  They are cookies, but they are cheeseburgers. 

It all started when I noticed the dog was carrying on about something in the kitchen.  Silly dog! 
He thinks every time she cooks it must be for him.  So he goes in there and lurks around, bumps the cabinets, jumps up and tries to see what's on the counter.  You get the idea.  Well, he kept on and kept on until I figured I better check it out.  After all, I didn't want to miss any thing.
Yep!  She was cookin' and man oh man it was smellin' wonderful - -
kind of like hamburgers.  Well, while the dog kept an eye on the lady, I returned to couch with my man.  Meanwhile, in the kitchen, she just kept on cookin'.  Little did I know!!  Here's how she did it:

Grillin' and Chillin'
1 cup oat flour                                  
1 cup potato flour
1 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
1 cup lean ground beef
1 6-oz. can tomato paste
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 egg
3/4 cup water

Using her microwave pot, she browned the ground beef and chopped it up with her special chopper (also from Pampered Chef - read the title of this post).
Next she stirred in the everything else except the sesame seeds.
She stirred it all up really, really good.
The she got out the ice cream scoop!  No kiddin'!  She used that little tiny Pampered Chef ice cream scoop to scoop out little globs of the mixed up stuff.  She put them on a big baking pan.
Next she dipped her fingers in water and flattened out the little blobs so that they looked just like little hamburgers.  Finally she sprinkled them with sesame seeds (because they're good for us, she said).  Man, I was absolutely drooling by the time these things came out of the oven.  I decided I better get back in the kitchen and see what was happening.

After the "burgers" had been in the oven (@ 350 degrees) for 15 minutes, she took them out and put them on a wire rack.  We couldn't eat any until they cooled.  I didn't think she'd EVER get finished with those burgers.

Finally, and at long last, the little burger cookies were ready and my lady and my man were ready to go out to lunch. 
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! TREAT TIME ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Ummm, ummm, gomph, smack, smack, 'scuse me, but , gulp, oh my gosh these little burger cookies are delish!  You just gotta try them.
You can tell by the blurriness of the pictures that the dog could not control himself!  I think every doggy owner (and owners of canine people) should cook up some of these burgers for their little friends.  Happy grillin'!







3 comments:

Meagan said...

Too. Cute! Your Lady sure does treat you and that dog well! :-)

Sarah said...

Did that come from the recipe book your lady got recently? The girl's lady has the same book but she never cooks the recipes with meat b/c she can't store them properly in the truck. But she's been really curious how they would turn out! Glad to see they were such a success!

Lisa Sullivan Corley said...

I am NOT sharing this post with Bitsie, Chloe, and Ellie! I don't even cook for my people - I sure don't want them finding out I'm not the best lady to own!