CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 11, 2011

My Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

Hello! Me again! And it hasn't even been a week yet! I thought surely I could do something enjoyable today since it's been such a yucky day, for me anyway. Ever read that book about the kid named Alexander who had a terrible, horrible, very bad day (or something like that)? Well, that describes my day perfectly!

Every Thursday or Friday I go to see my groomer. Her name is Bernie. I don't mind that too much because I usually only stay there a few hours. However, I just think everybody should just stay home. Everything is just like I like it at home. Sit in my lady's lap. Get a drink occasionally. Tell the dog to shut up and get out of my face and stay out of my face. Just the usual. But on grooming days, I'm so stressed when I get home I just want to crash. I know you know what I mean. But today, after getting home from Bernie's, before I knew what has happening my lady was saying, "O.k. boys, let's get in the truck." What!!!!! Why??????? Where in the world do we have to go now??????!!!!!!

Well, into the truck we got, and I let the dog know real quick that I would be driving.

I made him sit in the passenger seat. And notice his "harness"? Dumb dog doesn't even know how to use a leash. Anyway . . .

Oh no. You've got to be kidding me! Not there. Maybe we won't turn. Maybe we won't turn.

Oh, crap. We're turning. The vet's office. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, good happens at the vet (in my opinion, of course). For some reason, every now and then, my lady thinks we need to visit Dr. Carter. Don't get me wrong, he's a really nice guy and super-great doctor. He's helped me a lot! But, well,
Does anybody like to go to the doctor? I don't think so. But to the doctor we went. Look at this! The dog is such a wimp. He immediately tried to hide under my lady's chair. Does he really think this will work? Does he know anything?

Do you have these indiscreet experiences at your doctor's office? Sticks up your you-know-where. Needles in your leg. Poking in your ears. Shining lights in your eyes. Good grief!
The good news? I'm fine! Healthy as can be. Whew!

Wait! What did he say? Yank out what tooth? Where? No way, Hosea!!!! Why would you want to pull my tooth? Well, guess what? I don't think so!


Now I ask you: do you see anything, ANYTHING wrong with my teeth? I didn't think so. Anyway, at least I'm slim and trim and healthy in every other way. Then it was the dog's turn. Remember how I told you he was such a pig? Well, guess what? He needs to lose weight!!! That's right! At least I'm not FAT, TOEBEE.

Finally, my lady paid the bill, and we got back in the truck. I'm always more relaxed on the return trip from anywhere we go. Besides, today was a beautiful day (if horrible and terrible), and I thoroughly enjoy snooping in the floorboards.

Then it's up in the driver's seat again to watch for signs of home. Home sweet home. Did I mention that I like to stay home? Here's a surefire sign we're getting close.

Then this beautiful bush at the beginning of my driveway. That's one way I know I'm almost home.Ahhhhh. Finaly, my driveway. I always start barking at this point because, well, don't you get excited when you get home?

And finally, home again, home again. I hope we get to stay home this time.

Surely tomorrow will be a better day.























































1 comments:

Sarah said...

great post Tuf Wuf! Sorry you had such a rotten day, but glad it ended on a good note...coming home to stay! No wonder the dog needs to loose weight! He eats all your food adn his too!