CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The View from Down Here


Have you ever read Two Bad Ants by Chris Van Allsburg? He writes really good books, but the best part of this book is the art. The entire story is illustrated from the ants' physical point of view. Which gave me an idea for a blog.


Hey everybody! Today I want to open your eyes and mind to something I bet you never think about: what the world must look like when you're only 12 inches tall! So here we go. Think about it.






This is what I see when I look at the dog, and this is when he's lying down! Can you imagine what a monster he appears to be when he's standing up?! Well, he's not so brave. Today he's been barking since around 4:30 this morning. He doesn't like thunder and it's been thundering and raining A L L

D A Y L O O O N N N G G G ! Needless to say, my nerves are shot today: I don't like rain; I can't pee; I can't poop; and I can't stand barking dogs!


This is the newly sprouting hydrangeas. This is what I see when I stand next to them.



I bet I have a better view of flowers than you!



Where a skunk has been digging for grubs. Yuck! Now skunks are really weird. They eat worms; they stink up my yard; my lady is freakishly afraid of them!




The bird bath and fountain outside my back porch.




My lady's pot of mint just outside the garage door.




My lady's and man's truck. If you've ever wondered why we canines pee on the tires, it's because, well, that's all we can get to! Duh!






Railroad ties.




My man's van. Ditto as for the truck.




A concrete statue in my yard. Actually this sits at the top of a hill. She freaks me out. What if she fell? She could squash me. Heck, she could even squash the dog! I don't mess around her much.



Can you believe how high up it is to my lady's lap? It takes a lot of effort and energy and strength to make this jump!





Same goes for jumping up into her chair. And then I have to deal with that dad-blame rocking foot stool!



So, if you are the lady or man of a little pet, be mindful of how huge the world looks from our point of view. And be careful where you step and be careful about what animals you bring home. And, try getting down on our level once in a while. It's a very thought-provoking view. Give it a try.















3 comments:

Meagan said...

Great idea for a post!!! The world looks very different from Tuffy's perspective! lol... especailly "the dog" lol!

Lisa Sullivan Corley said...

Tuffy, you opened my eyes to the world from where you stand (and sit :-)). Bitsy and Ellie especially appreciate your speaking for all the 'little' dogs out there!

Sarah said...

That was a great idea for a post Tuffy! And you really did make a point! Thanks for sharing! It was thought provoking. I'm especially thinking on how you must do your own photography since the lady obviously didn't take a picture of her own lap from the ground. You truly are gifted Tuffy!