CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Beautiful Summer Day - Not!

Isn't this a beautiful view? This is the view from the front door of my home. If you look carefully, you can see that there's a pond in the distance. There are bird feeders closer to the house (not seen in this shot). There are rabbits and chipmunks and squirrels and ducks and all kinds of birds. Think of the fun to be had snooping and sniffing and chasing. But do I get to do any of that? No, because my lady NEVER LETS ME OUT OF THE HOUSE TO HAVE ANY FUN!!!!! When I do get to go out I'm almost always on the leash and am only allowed to go to certain areas. She's so afraid of ticks and fleas and poison ivy. Every now and then my people let me roam around this yard just for a few minutes. Oh, the joy! The smells! The goodies (turkey turd and such).


But usually, while my people sit on the front porch, while my lady drinks her coffee and enjoys the view, I stand inside the front door like this and enjoy what I can of it. That's how this beautiful summer day started out. Then, horror of horrors!, she scooped me up and we got in the car. Now, I'm telling you, when she does this I know something bad is about to happen. The only time I go anywhere is on Saturday when my man takes me to Bernie's, the groomer. This was aTuesday. So we got in the car, I shook and whimpered, and we ended up at the vet's office. As if that wasn't bad enough, MY LADY LEFT ME THERE!!!!! I only had to stay for an hour or so, but while I was there Dr. Carter let me roam around the office a little while he watched me, and then he did blood tests. Ever had blood tests? I get stuck in my front let and they draw out blood. Then they test it to see how I'm doing. As it turned out, I'm doint just fine, even though I take a medicine every day. My kidneys and liver are working just fine. Yeah! And then she picked me up and took me home. Other than the trip to the vet, it really was a beautiful summer day.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Aw! Doctor visits are never fun! I am SO glad that everything is okay though!!!

Sarah said...

poor Tuffy. He looks so sad standing there watching out the door. If he only knew how good he really has it.
Glad your doing well Tuffy. Paris and Carlie said they hope you feel up to playing with them next time they visit. And Carlie appologizes for attacking you, cornering you, and scaring the crap out of you.