CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 2, 2008

Just bloggin'



How have you been? I've been doing as well as usual. It's been such a long time since I blogged and tonight seemed to be a good time to catch up. Lots has been going on in my world lately. For example, remember the two Chinese Cresteds that came to visit a month or so ago? Well, they came back last week. It seems my lady's family had a big get together and they came for that. Of course, they didn't go to the big tado. They stayed at my house. It's a good news/bad news story, actually. Ever heard or read a good news/bad news story? I think they originated with some old comedian years and years ago on television or something. Anyway, it goes like this: The Chinese Cresteds came to visit. That was (for me) the bad news. But it was good news because their lady made them leave me alone. But that was bad news because that made me even more determined to make them go away. So I snarled at Carlie. Well, usually when I snarl at anyone, they get out of my face . . . quickly! She didn't! She had the gall and the nerve to snarl back at me. That was good news, though, because then I got all kinds of attention from my lady, petting and cooing and comforting (oh for Pete's sake, she gets carried away). But it was bad news because apparently Little Miss Prissy Carlie decided she'd get me back. Later she backed me into a corner and acted like she was going to eat me alive. Yikes!!! Ladies to the rescue. That was good news because then her lady kept a close rein on her and my lady held me for awhile. My heart was going 90 miles a minute! It was a very close call. I'm telling you that's just not how things are done around here! Obviously despite the fact that she's been here two times within one month she hasn't gotten it through her head that I'm the alpha everything in this house!!!! In fact on this side of the Mississippi! Then it was a bad thing because I felt like I had to hide for the remainder of their visit. But that was a good thing because everytime the people left the house the visiting dogs (and may I insert here what my man always says: "Tuffy, tell them we don't allow dogs in our house.") any way the visiting dogs got penned up in the kitchen and I had the rest of the house to myself. I love it when I get the house to myself. I always lay around on my couches and stuff. I get to eat and drink in the living room and everything. It was soo cool. Anyway, they only stayed about three days. It was a good thing when they left because I could relax, but it was a bad thing because my lady and my man always get real sad when the other lady leaves. And so that was Memorial Day weekend. Hope you had a good one. My lady's daddy served in the airforce in the Korean War. My man's brother served in the army in the Viet Nam War. I think my man's daddy also served in the military but I can't remember the specifics right now. Anyway, God bless our troops and thank God I am an American dog.

2 comments:

Meagan said...

Oh, sweet Tuffy! What a life you have! Tell your Lady and your Man that I love them very much and enjoyed my visit... even with the visiting dogs! I am so glad your life is back to the way you like it... being the center of your Lady's and Man's attention and having the house to yourself - doggie free!

Sarah said...

Dear Tuffy,
My Mommy said I had to rite you an apolgy for my being a ungratfl gest. She said you were very nice to let me and my sistr play with your toys, sneak food from your bole, lay on your peeple, waloe on your couch and blankets, sit in your windoe seat, well you get the idea. So I'm sorry I wasn't nicer to you. But I just wanted to play and you don't seem to no how to do that. (my way)
Next time I'll try to be nicer.
Carlie Jean